Operates with no electricity – no batteries – just compressed oxygen and air
With a built-in oxygen blender and precise timing and pressure controls the ventilator will do everything standard infant ventilators do, but without the need for electricity or batteries. The ventilator is ideal for transporting patients both within the hospital and via air or ground ambulance. It is fully MRI compatible and can be placed right next to the MRI.
mini, the newest ventilator to expand your care of our most fragile patients from 400 grams to 25 kilograms.
The pNeuton ventilators are critical care devices designed for use by healthcare professionals under the direction of a physician.
Compatiblity with Bunnell Life Pulse High-Frequency Ventilator
The pNeuton Mini Ventilator is fully compatible with the Life Pulse High-Frequency Ventilator from Bunnell Incorporated. It will provide conventional ventilation in tandem with the Life Pulse without interfering with high frequency ventilation or nuisance alarms.
Testing of the Mini Ventilator and the Life Pulse HFV was done by Bunnell personnel at their facility. The Bunnell Life Pulse HFV was connected in tandem with the Mini ventilator to a test lung. Their results were as follows.
• The Life Pulse was first set for PIP 20 cm H2O, Rate 420 bpm, I-time 0.020 sec. There was no noticeable difference in performance of either ventilator. The alarms on the Mini continued to function properly.
• The Mini ventilator was run in both CPAP and IMV + CPAP at a variety of rates, pressures and I-times. The Mini continued to deliver its basic functions with no impact on the functionality of the Life Pulse.
• With the Life Pulse alarms active (Ready), changing the rate and PIP on the Mini significantly always caused the Life Pulse to alarm appropriately for changes in Servo pressure and MAP.
- Pneumatically powered for use on neonatal / infant and pediatric patients
- Patient range – 400 gram to 25 kilogram
- Modes – CMV, IMV + CPAP or CPAP only – continuous flow pressure limited ventilation
- Pressures displayed on manometer
- MRI conditional – 3 T or less, maximum spacial gradient magnetic field of 720-gauss/cm or less, no gauss line restriction
- Gas consumption – flow setting + 3 L/min
- Size – 8.6″ W x 7″ H x 7.6″ D (22 cm W x 18 cm H x 19.4 cm D)
- Weight – 8.8 lbs (4 kg)
- Input gas requirement (oxygen and medical air): 55 psi ± 15 psi (3.8 bar ± 1 bar) each gas
- Classification according to MDD 93/42/EEC: IIb
- Meets International Standards for transport ventilators:
- ASTM F1100-90 – Ventilators Intended for Use in Critical Care
- ISO 10651-3:1997 – Lung Ventilators for Medical Use- Particular requirements for emergency and transport ventilators
- Airworthiness: RTCA DO-160G – Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment, as applicable
|– Inspiratory time||0.25 to 2 seconds|
|– Expiratory time||0.25 to 20 seconds|
|– Continuous Flow||6, 8, 10, 15 or 20 L/min|
|– Peak pressure||10 to 60 cm H2O (mbar)|
|– PEEP / CPAP||0 to 20 cm H2O (mbar)|
|– Oxygen||21 to 100% ± 3%, requires oxygen and medical air source|
Audible and Visual Alarms
- All pneumatic alarm system (no batteries)
- Patient circuit disconnection
- Automatic reset when alarm condition resolves
- 20 second silence / reset button
- 10 second activation
- High pressure – independently adjustable from Peak Pressure
- Low gas source pressure
- If either source gas drops below 40 psi (2.8 bar)
- Continues operation as long as oxygen is available
The Airon pNeuton Mini Transport Ventilator meets the basic conventional ventilator requirements of the Life Pulse HFV. This evaluation does not constitute a validation or endorsement by Bunnell Incorporated.
Benefits for the patient
- A wide range of continuous flow settings to provide the right ventilation for the size of your patient with the least amount of expiratory flow resistance
- Adjustable oxygen delivery from 21% to 100% to precisely match patient oxygen requirements
- Switch from CPAP nasal prongs, face mask to invasive ventilation seamlessly and without interruption
- One ventilator with no change in patient circuit wherever patient care and diagnostic procedures are needed
Benefits for the healthcare provider
- Calibrated controls for precise and easy operation
- Night visible manometer to monitor patient pressure and effort
- Patient disconnect and high pressure alarms that work during non-invasive and invasive ventilation
- MRI conditional up to 3 T – place right next to the scanner with remote alarm output for the control room
- Oxygen powered – no batteries to change
- Rugged and tested to meet RTCA standards with everything built-in – no accessories needed
Benefits for your budget
- Switch from invasive ventilatory support to non-invasive with just a simple change of the patient interface
- Lightweight and portable with attachment to any patient care incubator / bed
- Minimal oxygen consumption to maximize transport times
- No batteries or electronics decrease preventative maintenance costs